The school was last inspected by OFSTED on 12th November 2007. The report is available for download as a pdf file. The report graded the school as 'Outstanding' in every category. Some of the highlights of the Report were:
Full OFSTED Report
- Dr Challoner's provides an outstanding quality of education and care.
- Standards are exceptionally high in all key stages and are improving over time.
- Students show high levels of confidence and maturity.
- Students have a genuine zest for learning.
- Students display excellent attitudes in all aspects of school life.
- Leadership and management are outstanding at all levels.
- The school has no significant weaknesses and has an excellent capacity to improve even further.
- Governors know the school well and provide an effective balance of support and challenge.
OFSTED completed an Interim Assessment of the school in 2011 and concluded that performance had been sustained since the 2007 inspection.
Exceptional Schools Award
In order to ensure that the school continues to improve, OFSTED-trained inspectors were invited to undertake a review in 2017 which resulted in the school being re-accredited with the 'Exceptional Schools Award'. Some of the comments made about the school by the assessors were as follows:
- The school has sustained exceptionally high performance and seeks to improve both the quality and scope of its provision so it meets the needs of all its students in a holistic way.
- Students value their education and recognise the extent to which the school helps them to develop into well rounded individuals.
- The curriculum prepares students for life in the 21st Century and has a positive impact on the students – broadening their knowledge and experience, increasing engagement in learning and developing social responsibility.
- Staff have excellent subject knowledge showing a real pleasure in sharing their knowledge with the students. They know the students very well and go the extra mile to support them, particularly in their independent learning.
- The students are a credit to the school. They thrive in the supportive environment, challenge themselves and each other, are appropriately respectful to adults and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes.